12-09-2012

Guest Post Anya Wylde

Today I have the lovely Anya Wylde over on the blog. She is the author of The Wicked Wager, a humorous murder mystery & romance set in Regency England.

And as you know I always like to hear about any quirks or habits authors have and this is what Anya had to share about them.......

-------------------------------------------

On my quirks and habits

No one asks a waiter, cobbler or a property salesman how they prepare for their work day. A quick Google search tells me that one famous author wrote completely supine, sipping tea, sherry, or brandy throughout the day. Another famous author painted himself green and went off to write in a sleepy little village where no one knew him. Another wrote entirely in his underwear. Some forgo even that article of clothing. No wonder an author’s quirks and habits always seem to interest the reading public.

I don’t paint myself green, don a moustache and leave for an undisclosed location to write. Nor do I have a particular music play list that I listen to over and over again. I like silence.
The walls in our apartment are thin, and I can hear the neighbours pottering about upstairs during the day. To maintain social harmony, I wake up at four in morning to start my work day when the world is slumbering, and everything is blessedly silent.

I turn on my decrepit laptop which takes an eon to start. Once it does splutter to life, I procrastinate. I wolf down my breakfast, surf the web, answers emails and whatnot. Once the sun rises and the birds start chirping, I start banging away at the keys.

I write until I am exhausted, and if anyone disturbs me during the process then my evil witchy side comes out. Sometimes I write all day, while on other days I may do zilch. I have not yet found a definite way of helping my creating juices flow. They flow when they want; sometimes when I am half asleep they come oozing out, and I have to drag myself out of bed and scribble my ideas down. Hopefully, someday I too will have an exciting ritual or a lucky charm that will help me get in the mood to write. Until then this is it, my not so quirky habits.

Thank you, Kim, for inviting me on your blog.

-------------------------------------------

Want to learn more about Anya? You can find her here:
Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter 

Curious about The Wicked Wager? You can buy the book on Amazon


‘The infamous rake, Lord Richard Hamilton, has finally chosen his bride—the very appropriate Miss Emma Grey.
The ton approves, Lord Grey is pleased, Lady Grey delighted, and Emma is over the moon, but her uncle, (the blasted) Duke of Arden opposes the match, and Emma is ordered to move to the duke’s estate to think things over.
Richard Hamilton refuses to take things lying down and concocts a plan. A plan that should have brought the lovers together and had them married within a month. It was a simple matter of masquerading as the duke’s gardener, compromising the lady, and then having the duke rush them off to Gretna Green.
Alas, he underestimates the duke’s intelligence and the tangled situation on the estate—never had he imagined that compromising a lady could be so difficult,
His endeavours lead to a comedy of errors, charades, and knotty love affairs. Yet he forges ahead in spite of pesky house guests, a flea bitten mattress, his lovesick best friend, and a blackmailer.
Just when things seem to be going well, someone is murdered (very inconvenient), and he happens to be one of the suspects (extremely inconvenient).
His simple plan for winning the wager suddenly becomes … a tad complicated.’

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten