31-08-2015

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick

Genre: YA Thriller
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Source: Free read on Pulse It
Brit Pheiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn't prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants;but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage.
Britt is forced to guide the men off the mountain, and knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there and in uncovering this, she may become the killer's next target.
But nothing is as it seems, and everyone is keeping secrets, including Mason, one of her kidnappers. His kindness is confusing Britt. Is he an enemy? Or an ally?

Having been looking for a great read that was difficult to  put down I am glad I chose to read Black Ice via Pulse It. Black Ice most definately a compelling read and I read it in no time. I even read it online while taking the subway. It was a very exciting read.


I really enjoyed the story and the way Becca Fitzpatrick created the characters. Brit is a 17 year old girl that is put in a situation that involves her to toughen up, but she still is a 17 year old and with that come the not so good ideas. She is very upsessed with her ex Calvin, who is also the brother of her best friend Kolbie. Kolbie is not a very wel developed character and to be honost their friendship makes no sense so this also makes some of Brit's actions a bit difficult to understand.

The interaction between Brit and Calvin is a bit weird which makes this 'relationship' more difficult to understand. The interaction between Brit and Mason is however very good, but the chemistry was a bit less it feld a bit forced sometimes, but then again this is a bit how Brit acted the entire time.

I do not want to tell anithing more about the story especially anything about the plot since I do believe you should read the book for yourself. It is definately worth your time. 

In the beginning the story may have looked a bit dull but a few chapters in it became a real pageturner with the adventure and action there. It kept me on the edge of my seat to see what were to happen next. The ending was not that surprising to me, I saw it coming, but it was still good to see the way Brit found out.

Black Ice is the first book I have read by Becca Fitzpatrick and to be honost I am looking forward to reading more from her. 

My rating: 4/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten