28-07-2016

Cascadia by H.W. "Buzz" Bernard

Genre: Thriller
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Source: I received an ecopy for review
Dr. Rob Elwood, a respected geologist, has studied the Cascadia Subduction Zone, a dangerous fault off the coast of the Pacific Northwest, for years. Now he’s having repeated nightmares of a massive earthquake and tsunami striking the region. Knowing he’s placing his reputation and career at risk, he goes public with his premonitions.
The quake fails to occur and Rob fears he’s lost everything. But the disaster does strike, just not when expected, and Rob finds himself not only vindicated, but hurled abruptly into a life-and-death rescue mission with his private aircraft.
Rob’s story intersects with several others, including that of a retired fighter pilot attempting to make amends to a woman he jilted twenty-five years earlier, and another of an elderly black man searching for legendary buried treasure along the rugged Oregon coast.

Have I ever expressed my love for disaster movies? I really do and I always get excited when I find out there is a disaster novel. I get all giddy and just need to read it. Just to be clear it is not a disaster as in terrible but as in the end of the world or at least a city. And I can tell you I love the books by H.W. "Buzz" Bernard. 

He really knows how to build up the suspense in the novel. I mean we all know something bad is coming but he just knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat just waiting for that wave to hit. There is a lot of action going on and with the different point of views that are in this story and intertwine, it really helps to build up the suspense.

H.W. "Buzz" Bernard used to be a Weather Officer at the US Air Force and a Senior Meteorologist so he knows what he's talking about and that shows when you are reading his novels. It is not just a story. And to be honost it makes you think real hard when it comes down to global climate change.

If you enjoy a good suspense novel I would recommend reading Cascadia and any other novel by H.W. "Buzz" Bernard for that matter.

My rating: 5/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten