30-08-2016

Escape to Redemption by Peter M. Parr


Genre: Contemporary
Publisher: Roundfire Books
Source: I received an ecopy from the author for review
Josie only had the gun to frighten Curtis Rook, but his son disturbed her. One startled reflex and now he's dead. Josie flees to Poland leaving her boyfriend Snaz to take the rap. A reformed criminal offers her refuge from the police and the chance to begin a new life, but she cannot hide from her guilt. As the stakes rise, Josie begins to realise that only her own forgiveness can set her free. Fast-paced and original, Peter M. Parr's contemporary take on Crime and Punishment challenges traditional ideas about guilt and redemption, and the meaning of forgiveness.
I read Escape to Redemption in one sitting. It is a very intriguing read and not because there is a lot going on, but to see how people react during this moral dilemma. You see them change emotionally for good and bad.

The story is told from 2 points of view, Josie and Snaz who have been involved in a shooting where one got seriously injured and one died. Both believe they haven't goy any blame. At first I did not like Josie at all she is a spoiled little brad who is using Snaz. But as the story goes on I saw the change in character with both and changed sides. 

I would however liked to have learned more about the proces Josie was going through. she went through a great change in what she believed was right and that part could have been emphesised a bit more. It felt a bit rushed to me. But maybe that is just because I study psychology so that is definately a part I am interested in.

Escape to Redemption is not a story I normally read, but I did enjoy reading it very much. It is a very interesting read and gives you something to think about. I am also very interested to see what Peter M. Parr comes up with next. This is not a genre I read a lot, but I will definately keep my eye out for his next book.

My rating: 4/5

1 opmerking:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed 'Escape To Redemption'! Thanks for taking part in the tour!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen