19-05-2012

0.4 by Mike Lancaster


Genre: Sci Fi | Young Adult
Series: Point 4 #1
Publisher: Egmont UK
Buy the book: Book Depository 
Source: Bought
'It's a brave new world. 'My name is Kyle Straker. And I don't exist anymore.'
So begins the story of Kyle Straker, recorded on to old audio tapes. You might think these tapes are a hoax. But perhaps they contain the history of a past world. If what the tapes say are true, it means that everything we think we know is a lie. And if everything we know is a lie does that mean that we are, too?


This book is about Kyle Straker, who has told his story on three tapes. During a local talent show, he volunteers in a hypnotising act with three others. When they wake up they find everybody else frozen. Whilest trying to figure out what happened to them, everybody else 'wakes' up again, but everybody is acting weird including his parents. As one of the 0.4 he is now on the run with the three others, trying to figure out what happened.
Now his story is written down, but if what Kyle is speaking of is the truth that will change the way we will look at things or thought we knew.



I really enjoyed this story. But I must say the thing that I really likes about the book was the way it was written. The words in this book are the words that Kyle spoke on the tapes and since tapes were already oldfashioned back then, even Kyle has some trouble working with them and you miss pieces of information because they just weren't recorded. This boy who tells a story on a few tapes just ads to the eerie atmosphere that this book holds.

This was a fast, but very suspenseful read. I kept flipping page after page to see why all of these things happened. I found the twist/plot of this book quite a good one actually. The sad part is I can not explain why since then I would seriously give away everything. And we don't want that. But I do want to say if you like a good, fast sci fi read in a different format then usual, you should pick this one up.

My rating: 4/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten