20-12-2013

The Kingdom of Vosh by Jason C. Conly

Genre: Steampunk
Publisher: Jc Publishing
Source: I received an e-copy for review
Secrets have been formed in the dark corners of the kingdom. Change is in the air and whispers of new ideas and technologies have swept the land. Unfortunately, the King is old and simple and his daughter is concerned only with worldly possessions. A man by the name of Buul, a man long forgotten, has returned to pay a visit to the King on the King’s birthday. He has not come empty handed and will be the King’s undoing.

The King, in moments of panic and war, can trust no one with the protection of his daughter. He quickly decides to entrust her life with a creature most vile and uncommon and chains her to a Vork. He does not leave her empty handed though. His last gift to the Princess is an amulet with powers even he does not comprehend. The land’s only chance, the only one loyal to the King’s memory, is the daughter that cares nothing of the Kingdom of Vosh.

I am very conflicted about The Kingdom of Vosh. I did not love this story neither did I hate it.

I enjoyed the world Jason C. Conly has build. I would actualy like to see more of this world. I also enjoyed the story very much. The story comes with a spycholog, socilogic and political undertone, which which nice coincide with the story. He used a lot of different kind of characters and creatures which I always enjoy.

Unfortunately the characters were not all very likeable and annoying at times. Especially Princess Jasper worked on my nerves at times (maybe just because she is a spoiled brat and I just don't like them). This story has a first person and a third person narration and can be confusing at times but I got used to it after a few chapters.

My Rating: 3/5


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten