29-09-2010

Guilty Pleasures

'I don't date vampires. I kill them.' My name is Anita Blake. Vampires call me the Executioner. What I call them isn't repeatable. Ever since the Supreme Court granted the undead equal rights, most people think vampires are just ordinary folks with fangs. I know better. I've seen their victims. I carry the scars...But now a serial killer is murdering vampires -- and the most powerful bloodsucker in town wants me to find the killer. (bookcover)
This is the first novel in the Anita Bake Vampire Hunter serie.
This book is great! It's everything I like....vampires, lycantropes, murderscenes and some sexual tention. Anita Blake is an animator and vampire executioner that means some vampire goes bad and she kills his or her ass and she works for the RPIT (Regional preternatioral Investigation Team) who are called in when they don't thing u human could have done the 'job'. Vampires and lycantropes are very real in this world and live amongst humans....vampires even have equal rights. This quite dfferent from other books that I have read because most live in the dark and humans no nothing about vampires.
Anita is one of the few people who hate vampires and it so happens she will have to work for one....she has to find a serial killer who kills vampires......and why would she help them you say? Well either she does that or her friend will end up with one of them.....And she has to help solve some murders for RPIT
I like Anita she is great! She's sarcastic, has a bad sense of humor and so damn tough in front of everybody but sleeps with a stuffed pinguin.
And ofcourse there is Jean Claude.....a master vampire...who we do not know much about or his motives...but still I like him....he just has something. We must not forget Edward who is an ever bigger mystery. Ohw and Phillip he is just hot and I cried my eyes out! Damn that just wasn't fair.

This serie has a lot of books now and Laurell has said she isn't quite ready with  Anita's story yet and I'm glad about that. You either love her writing or you hate it. And some just the first novels.
Laurell is really explicit in het writing espacially when it comes to crime and sex scenes (the sex comes in the later novels)

I really like this serie, it's urban fantasy meets crime/mystery an Anita will make you see that your life ain't so bad and isn't that all we need!?

Rating: 5/5

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten